Senior Software Engineer
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and a deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, RRE, Homebrew, Greycroft, and Staples. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
Engineering at Q:
We are using technology to take the headache out of office management. We are building a platform to help office managers run their offices seamlessly, to allow vendors to fulfill requests with ease, and to enable our employees to work more efficiently. We have a problem-solving culture that is based on making an impact instead of hitting arbitrary deadlines.
You will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features that support our technical and product strategy. We are solving logistics problems such as consolidating billing, dispatching the right person to the right place at the right time, helping employees book services seamlessly, vendor fulfillment, and a robust Marketplace. We follow best practices, to ensure we’re writing clean, tested, and scalable code.
What we are looking for:
- We take a generalist approach to hiring. We’re looking for smart engineers who are problem solvers and passionate about their craft
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications
- Experience building and deploying complex but well architected, maintainable, and testable applications
- Strong communication skills- having the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with company matching
- No cost premium option for medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress and pet-friendly office
- Cold brew and Kombucha on tap
- Team lunches, happy hours and company outings
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG