Senior Software Engineer
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to work alongside a team of passionate engineers who are building tools for our WeWork Consulting advisors. The ideal person will be a self-starter, actively solving problems, and offering mentorship - all while learning about the newest trends in technology and championing them within the department.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of our agile team and responsible for the iterative design, development, and testing of applications built for advisors. This is an opportunity to work with new technologies that not only connect software with the physical world but also better connect people with their physical space (think IoT!).
- Collaborate with a diverse set of partners, including Product Owners, Designers, and other specialists
- Lead the entire development lifecycle, from planning to deployment
- Deliver creative solutions to production issues
- Support clear communication and partnership between development, design and test teams
- Become an authority on all aspects of our platform, from administration and setup to daily user and troubleshooting any user issues
- Work with the team to find any production issues and debug during development
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field, Masters Degree is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, using technologies like Ruby, PHP, Java, Node.js, and Go
- Experience with cloud technology, including AWS and Azure
- Experience with automation testing, using tools like Selenium, Cucumber or Jenkins
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- A natural leader, able to mentor and train junior engineering staff
- Lover of learning, always looking for the latest and the greatest technology tools, standards, and practices
- Confirmed ability to work within an agile development environment
- Ability to embrace Test Driven Development practices
- Excellent time management skills and confirmed ability delivering in a dynamic and ambitious environment
- Self-starter who is analytical, organized, process and detail oriented
- Willingness to collaborate with multiple team members and assess all sides of a problem in order to find the best solution
- Experience with IoT or building technology is a plus
WeWork Consulting advises our biggest clients on space, people and technology decisions related to the workplace. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Consulting is proud to be shaping this movement.
The Digital team within WeWork consulting builds software that enables our advisors to make data driven decisions and scenario plan in real time with our clients, as well as continue to build out our research and data knowledge base.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.