Senior Software Engineer
Our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
You will help us build software to solve safety and efficiency concerns facing some of the largest utilities and infrastructure operators. These solutions will often involve large amounts of disparate data, complex data pipelines, user-friendly interfaces, wrappers to machine learning models that power our decision engines and security features to achieve the highest levels of information security as is demanded by the problems and our customers.
- 8+ years of software development experience focused on web applications and management of large amounts of data
- Understanding of work queues for scheduled and deferred tasks.
- High proficiency with Postgres SQL databases and demonstrable ability to profile and optimize queries.
- Experience working closely with product and account support personnel to help prioritize the best solutions to the largest problems.
- Reliable organization and communication skills and follow through on verbal and written commitments.
- Persistent approach to problem-solving and ability to see solutions through to completion even in the face of complexities or unknowns. A proactive mindset that drives you to pursue solutions rather than waiting for the answers to come to you.
- Attention to detail in work and ability to identify ambiguities in specifications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially when communicating trade-offs between technical decisions to non-technical colleagues.
- Flexibility to work and maintain focus in an evolving environment. Ability to let go of previous projects and move on to new ones or to dig deeper into existing projects and grow them depending on the business needs.
- Experience with Flask and Celery is a plus
- Experience with React, Elm or ClojureScript is also a bonus.
What We Offer:
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities more resilient.
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package.
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid.
- Prime NoHo Location - Our office sits in the heart of NYC’s historic NoHo district and is just minutes away from the BDFM and 6 subway lines.
- Health Perks - Gym reimbursement and citibike membership.
- Strong Culture - collaborative office focused on teamwork, humility, and hustle.
- Catered lunch on Thursdays, plus a kitchen filled with snacks and drinks.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.