Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Team and Responsibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth team at the ground floor, and play an instrumental role in making the home buying and selling experience frictionless for our customers.
Orchard’s engineering culture is centered around product empathy and autonomous teams with high feature ownership. Engineers take ownership of feature development end to end. This means we partner with Product Managers and Designers to solve ambiguous business problems and have a high degree of collaborative input before writing code. We strive to keep common infrastructure and dependencies simple (or only as complex as necessary), to keep the coordination costs of infrastructure deployments low, and support lean & nimble product engineering teams.
We’re looking for senior engineers that are passionate about building delightful customer experiences for both web and mobile, design scalable architecture for our API platform & internal tools, and orchestrate data processing across different data sources.
In this role you will:
- Build and continuously deploy both internal tools and consumer facing products.
- Play an active role in hiring and mentoring other engineers.
- Work with business stakeholders to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
- Working knowledge of building web applications using single page technologies and service oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with AWS, Postgres, SQL, Airflow, Docker, CircleCI, Karma, Hugo a plus.
- Experience working with a team to plan, prioritize, build, and deploy code regularly using CI/CD tools.
- 4+ years experience in software engineering
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related experience)
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.