Senior Software Engineer
Namely is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build reliable, scalable, and maintainable services for our HR, payroll and benefits platform.
- Implementing and maintaining containerized gRPC services and deploying these services to Kubernetes on AWS
- Collaborating with the various Namely Labs teams (Product, Design, and Engineering) to design APIs that support new or enhanced product features
- Designing and implementing migration strategies for legacy code to move existing functionality out of our monoliths, and into modern services
- Designing and contributing features to our shared libraries, which provide core functionality used by all of our services
- Mentoring other engineers on the team
- Supporting production services on a rotation
- Reviewing design docs and pull requests for relevant services and repositories
- Supporting other engineering organizations, such as SRE and SDET, as they bring in new platform features and testing technologies
- Experience designing and developing APIs
- Experience with relational data modeling, and in-depth knowledge of an RDBMS
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience writing maintainable unit tests
- Experience with web technologies such as HTTP, JSON, etc.
- Working knowledge of security best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes in production
- Experience with Protobuf / gRPC
- Experience working on distributed systems
- Experience working with Redis or Kafka
- Experience with ES2015+, React, and Redux
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2, SQS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Payroll/HR Software
Technology Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.