SmartAsset is an award-winning financial technology company pursuing the singular mission of empowering people to make smart financial decisions. Recently named one of Y Combinator's Top 100 companies of all time, we have raised more than $50 million in venture capital. Our personal finance tools, calculators and content reach more than 45 million people each month.
We’ve been featured in hundreds of publications including The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Mashable, TechCrunch, The New York Times, The Washington Post, US News & World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek, Barron’s and many more.
As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a Backend Software Developer with at least 8 years of full-time professional development experience, to join our NYC-based team. You will be working on implementing entirely new features and functionality from scratch, as well as enhancing, maintaining and bug-fixing our existing code-base. You will also have the ability to work on various components of our apps, including our in-depth user-analytics, back-end/number-crunching/data-processing core or the presentation layer. You will be leading and coordinating the work of a small technology team and working with our product organization to determine goals and requirements.Responsibilities:
- 8+ years full-time professional experience as a software developer
- Lead team of 3-5 engineers focused on a particular product or specific project initiatives.
- Excellent knowledge of at least 2+ programming languages (e.g. Java, PHP, Perl, C#, C++, Objective C, Ruby, Python, etc)
- Excellent knowledge of common programming patterns
- Good understanding of relational databases (SQL) and some understanding of non-relational datastores
- Working knowledge of *nix systems, networking and internet protocols
- Good social and cooperation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Catered lunch three times per week
- Casual dress code
- Weekly happy hours
- Regular team social activities such as a company book club, sports leagues, community service opportunities and more
- Benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k)
- Professional education reimbursement program