Senior Software Engineer at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As an SSE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship and personal growth. Full stack SSE’s have the opportunity to work across the stack, front to back and everything in between. You’ll take ideas from inception to reality by rapidly building prototypes, iterating and releasing them. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- A product-driven engineer who loves working in a highly collaborative and supportive environment
- Motivated by building products that make healthcare easier
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
- Passionate about building diverse and inclusive teams and culture
- Excited to lead projects and be a mentor for other engineers
Your day to day is…
- Contributing across the stack with technologies like React, Node.js and Scala
- Building products designed to scale quickly like new patient interactions, native advertising technology and new functionality that helps doctors optimize their Zocdoc experience
- Shipping real code in languages like Scala, C# or Node.js to millions of users autonomously, without gates on other parts of the engineering organization
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Making a meaningful impact as you own and release features in our CI environment that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike
- Mentoring your peers, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing yourself
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for technology and the ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
- Designed and built user facing web applications that scale and implement fast and efficient software solutions using object-oriented or functional languages
- 5+ years of professional full-stack development experience. Knowledge of React is a plus as is experience writing automated tests
- A Computer Science or related degree (preferred)
- Competitive PTO
- 100% covered health care for employees
- Parental leave
- Discounted gym memberships
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
- Team outings to celebrate goals
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.