Senior Software Engineer at Sulzer US, LLC
Position to be stationed in Montvale, NJ working closely with colleagues in NJ and Germany.
Full-time based employment.
About Us: Sulzer US, LLC is a dynamic and innovative mature start-up delivering cloud, big data, and user experience custom software solutions to industry-leading clients. We operate the software we build and serve as long-term partners to our clients, including consulting on AI initiatives. We achieve success by investing in our people and technologies to create bespoke solutions.
Who You Are: Senior Software Engineer to design and develop various web applications for clients and proprietary products. You will work collaboratively with a team of software developers and project managers to analyze user requirements and design, coordinate, supervise, and contribute to the development of software applications. As a leader, you will have the opportunity to manage and grow a team of passionate technologists. With a hunger for all things tech, you will bring an open mind to learning new things as well as a fresh perspective.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Fluency with backend programming languages such as Java/JEE and Python.
- Working knowledge of modern frameworks such as Spring Boot, React, and Angular.
- Proficiency in databases such as MongoDB and SQL.
- Sound knowledge of software design principles, such as microservices and SOAs.
- Experience in all stages of the SDLC.
- Experience interfacing with APIs.
- A solid understanding of algorithms and data structure.
- Ability to use critical thinking and sound judgement.
- Interest in working with cloud computing platforms, experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage team resourcing and project planning.
- Working knowledge of industry trends and technologies.
- Great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience as a manager/technical lead is a plus, but not required for success.
What to Expect from Our Selection Process:
While an advanced degree is not required, we seek passionate technologists who possess both technical and soft skills to excel on our team. Our selection process is designed to assess the whole candidate and foster a mutual match for you and us. The process includes:
- Apply by submitting your resume; cover letters are optional.
- The Sulzer US Hiring Team reviews your application.
- If your skills meet the position requirements, you will receive a link to complete a Codility Test. Here we will assess your technical and problem solving skills. Once submitted, a technical team member will grade and rank your test.
- Introductory Phone Interview with a member of the Sulzer US Hiring Team to discuss what you are looking for in a role, as well as answer any high level questions about us.
- Virtual Technical Interview using Codility or Microsoft Teams with your future peers, diving into your technical and problem solving skills.
- Final Interview, either video or in-person, to enable our leaders to get to know you and give you the opportunity to share all your burning questions about Sulzer US, our culture, and your desired role.
What are the Benefits of Joining Our Team?
At Sulzer US, we take ultimate pride in our employees! By choosing a career with us, you gain the perks of choosing from three comprehensive medical plans to fit your needs, as well as receiving accrual-based PTO days, paid sick leave, flexible work hours, and a parental leave program. Enjoy a laid-back workplace with casual dress attire, ticket and event discount savings, and company celebrations – both in and out of the office! We provide continuous learning and development opportunities, a 401(k) plan, and an employee referral program because we’re always looking for great people to join the team!