Our teams use a diverse set of tools and languages, including C#, Go, Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Spinnaker, and Kafka. We work with React and SPA’s in the front-end, and are investing in an API driven architecture, Event Sourcing and CQRS, powered by gRPC-based services.
We’ve built a strong engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating from a monolith to a microservice architecture, including a complete overhaul and rewrite of our Payroll Processing and Benefits Configuration
- Defining domain boundaries and implementing robust APIs for internal and public consumption of our Human Capital Management (HCM) services
- Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our test coverage, observability, alerting, and performance
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, leading the way to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Implementing and maintaining containerized gRPC services and deploying these services to Kubernetes on AWS
- Collaborating with the various Namely Labs teams (Product, Design, and Engineering) to design APIs that support new or enhanced product features
- Designing and implementing migration strategies for legacy code to move existing functionality out of our monoliths, and into modern services
- Designing and contributing features to our shared libraries, which provide core functionality used by all of our services
- Mentoring other engineers on the team
- Supporting production services on a rotation
- Reviewing design docs and pull requests for relevant services and repositories
- Supporting other engineering organizations, such as Site Reliability, as they bring in new platform features and testing technologies
- Experience designing and developing APIs
- Experience with relational data modeling, and in-depth knowledge of an RDBMS
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience writing maintainable unit tests
- Experience with web technologies such as HTTP, JSON, etc.
- Working knowledge of security best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes in production
- Experience with Protobuf / gRPC
- Experience working on distributed systems
- Experience working with Kafka or equivalent messaging bus
- Experience with ES2015+, React, and Redux
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2, SQS, etc.)
- Familiarity with Payroll/HR Software
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.