For this specific role we prefer someone to be based in NYC Tri-State area or the USA, although we are open to someone who is located outside of the USA.
At Animoto, we believe video is the most powerful form of communication. That’s why we make best-in-class, easy-to-use online and mobile video creation apps. Our customers use our apps, along with our pre-built narrative templates, to customize their own engaging video stories to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next two years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun in ways that have never been done before.
We are a small team, with a broad range of technical challenges, from rendering to audio mixing, infrastructure, text, animation, optimization, video encoding, testing, tooling and AI. You will help our art team and customers realize what is creatively possible with video across multiple platforms and markets.
What you'll do:
- You are not isolated from the customer and how your work impacts them. You won't be pigeonholed into one part of the process
- Be part of the business problem and have exposure to company leaders and help shape product direction
- Develop and maintain the multi platform video rendering engine (Linux, MacOS, iOS, Web)
- Solve the challenges to bring the video rendering engine to a new platform and market, Android!
- Level up our content pipeline. Collaborating with a talented Motion Design team to bring new ideas and capabilities to the product
- Develop and maintain the surrounding internal tools and pipeline
- Improve, simplify, and strengthen existing code, driving the technical architecture of the whole system
- Decompose complex problems then implement solutions that fit the unique constraints for each platform
- Work with creative teams to prototype motion and interaction design into something that can be described and implemented
- Work with experienced and talented team members from across the globe
What we're looking for:
- Strong C++ skills
- Solid understanding of GPUs, rendering, algorithms, debugging, profiling, and optimizing
- Knowledge of a system level graphics API
- You can see how something can be designed or changed to be robust and tolerant to changes
- You have a sense of accomplishment delivering tools and collaborating with content creators to deliver more than anyone expected
- The ability to own and enjoy features from design to release
- Strong sense of quality
- Your solutions are customer oriented
- You can clearly and concisely communicate your viewpoint and knowledge to others on the team. You like to do so. You're not afraid to challenge ideas and approaches
- You have a can-do, positive attitude, and are a curious self learner. You're not afraid to get your hands dirty and dive into something new
- Resourceful, creative, self driven problem solver
Why join Animoto:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- 100% covered health insurance, equity, 401k, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
- Upgraded subscriptions for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, weekly catered lunch, fully stocked kitchen
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description