BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 7,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the world’s best digital operations platform for restaurants. This role will be instrumental in building new applications, solving complex problems, and contributing high-quality code. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python and React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Building durable, scalable applications using a variety of leading-edge tools & technologies
- Solving complex business problems across a fast-moving challenge landscape and rapid development, including e-commerce, data engineering, & system design
- Mentoring & guiding other engineers in best practices, thought leadership, & career development
- Work with designers, product managers, and other engineers to implement new features on our platform
- Contribute clean, clear, high-quality production code
- Help the product and design team work through the product specification, design, and feasibility process
- Contribute unit and integration tests for new and existing features
- Provide effective and constructive feedback on other engineer’s contributions
- Research and recommend new technologies, help set best practices and coding standards
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 3-5+ years of experience writing production code.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Experience writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django Rails or Node along with an ORM.
- A strong understanding of React with Redux.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Please share with us why you’re interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples you’d like to share with us.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute technical phone screen with an Engineering Manager.
- Candidates who pass the exercise will be invited to our office to meet with our CTO, VP of Engineering, and another Back-end Engineer
- Successful candidates will be made an offer.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.