Senior Software Engineer at Redesign Health
Anomaly is a healthcare technology company with a bold mission: to bring Precision Payments to healthcare.
Fraud, waste, and abuse costs up to 10% of healthcare spend, over $300 billion every year. Anomaly brings together deep domain experts, top engineers and data scientists, and experienced payer and benefits to tackle this challenge. We're building software that uses analytics, ML, and proprietary data to catch and prevent improper payments. Our team includes alumni from Apple, Google, Foursquare, Optum, Cotiviti and other leading tech and healthcare companies.
Anomaly is backed by Redesign Health, a leading healthcare innovation platform.
About the Role
As our Senior Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for building core systems to accurately identify healthcare fraud, waste, and abuse. You'll be expected to work up and down the stack to build out the heart of Anomaly's initial product.
We're looking for a dynamic senior software engineer who can build offline data pipelines, work alongside data scientists to productionize ML model training, deploy models, and build feedback mechanisms to hone the machine.
You will report the CTO and work alongside other founders to shape the stack and build the foundational infrastructure at our New York City headquarters.
What you'll do:
- Build core systems to identify healthcare fraud, waste, and abuse to drive down costs and improve the overall quality of care of patient
- Help set early technical direction of company as we build novel projects
- Based in New York City, with relocation stipend available. Remote pending COVID-19
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- General expertise in Python3
- Ability to design and build systems with complex workflows and interactions
- Passionate about the craft of software engineering, and pragmatic when it comes to solving real business problems
- Excellent communication skills and desire to engage with non-technical stakeholders
- Desire to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Nice To Have
- Data exploration expertise with SQL and Pandas
- Familiarity with Apache Spark
- Familiarity AWS
- Prior experience working with data scientists on analytics and ML pipelines
- Communicates Effectively: Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Nimble Learning: Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes. Learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Managed Complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
Headquartered in NYC with a strong remote team, Anomaly brings together a diverse group deeply committed to our mission to bring Precision Payments to healthcare. Data scientists, engineers, clinicians, and more work together to realize a future where healthcare payments flow with precision. We live by our values, which help us accomplish more and create a workplace we love.
- Move with urgency: Our customers needed our product yesterday. We move fast—but not too fast—to bring our solution to market
- Be willing to sit on the floor: No one is too senior to jump in and get the job done
- Think 10x: We celebrate incremental improvements, but we always look for the step-function win
- Do the right thing, even when it's hard: We put privacy and security first, and treat all data with the care like it’s our own
- Seek feedback at 30%: We ask for feedback uncomfortably early, and offer it proactively (and respectfully) to others
- Default to open: We internally share everything we can, creating a culture of trust and empowerment
- Be kind: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind