WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze SMS team is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure that delivers tens of millions of personalized SMS messages a month on behalf of our customers. This includes a feature-rich dashboard and API endpoints that allow our customers to compose SMS messages and access real-time analytics on those messages, backed by a highly parallelized platform for sending SMS and processing SMS-related events at massive scale.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will work with us to build out new features, improve performance, and provide guidance on key architectural decisions. You will have the opportunity to tackle significant engineering challenges, such as architecting new iterations of critical components for our systems and optimizing our systems for resilience as they scale.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experienced technical leader
- Strong understanding of distributed system design, data structures, and algorithms
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Professional experience building distributed systems at scale
- Professional experience with any of: Ruby, Rails, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile processes
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.