Senior Software Engineer at IEX
IEX Cloud is a data infrastructure and delivery platform for financial and alternative data sets. We build high performance APIs and real time streaming data services used by hundreds of thousands of applications and developers.
Our platform is a highly distributed system leveraging modern database and messaging technologies. As a software engineer, you will work across the full stack — building data ingestion workers, tuning API handlers to maximize throughput, designing reusable front end components to efficiently display and manipulate large and/or streaming data, integrating with external/third party services, building internal QA tooling, etc.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- A generalist willing to work on the front-end, back-end, and anything in between
- Creative, self-starter, eager to take initiative and learn new things
- Appetite for fast-paced work on a highly scalable data platform in a dynamic startup environment
- Belief in IEX's mission
- Experience with modern web architectures and scalable software
- Experience with NodeJS
- Software engineering fundamentals (software lifecycle best-practices, static analysis, testing, documentation, etc)
- Real world experience building, using, and optimizing data structures and algorithms
- PLUS for experience with any of the following:
- Modern web development (React, Redux, Webpack)
- Web infrastructure and cloud computing (ElasticSearch, nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Distributed systems and tooling (Redis, Memcached, Kafka, ZeroMQ, Apache Airflow)
- Databases/Database optimization/Query tuning
- Deep domain experience and/or ”getting your hands dirty” in any area relevant to web-based software services
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.