Senior Software/Systems Engineer - Site Reliability (Compute)
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams are looking for experienced and passionate software and systems engineers who have backgrounds in programming, distributed systems, and networking to help in ensuring that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites, that they load quickly, and that all of the features work. We work together with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our features that are backed by a fleet of microservices, with the infrastructure teams to grow our current data centers and build new ones, with the data teams to tackle challenging “big data” issues, and the security teams to keep a close eye on the latest vulnerabilities and protect our product, infrastructure and networks.
The Compute team is specifically responsible for designing the systems that allow us to operate on our data centers and evolve the massive Squarespace software engine that serves millions of users worldwide. We build tools for the provisioning of compute capacity on top of VMware, Kubernetes clusters or public clouds. We build and maintain developer tools for quickly deploying software to our Kubernetes and VM clusters. We run and automate the orchestration of Ceph storage clusters backing our microservices at the scale of multiple petabytes per cluster.
We firmly believe in the SRE philosophy of applying software engineering methodologies to operational tasks. We communicate reliability with SLOs and know that if you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it. We create self-healing and self-orchestrating systems, including services that automatically fix Kubernetes node problems, network mesh monitoring services, and VM migration orchestration systems. We operate multiple physical data centers and leverage this fact to our great advantage, with the ability to control every part of the entire stack, from the actual hardware characteristics and network architecture all the way to the edge that our customers communicate with. You will report to the team lead in NYC.
- Own internal services like Kubernetes and Ceph clusters, create microservices like authentication providers and load balancers, product-related services like our deployment pipeline, and everything in between.
- Write high-quality infrastructure-as-code that automates the provisioning, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of Squarespace’s infrastructure and ensure that it is redundant and fast around the globe.
- Share our globally distributed on-call rotation and be an escalation point to assess complex problems in real-time across any of our high-traffic software systems.
- Collaborate with a team of experienced engineers to test your ideas and understand the system, and mentor junior team members.
- 5+ years experience managing large-scale software and distributed systems in *nix environments.
- An understanding of and experience with, web application development.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices.
- Understand database design, storage, caching, scalability, and network fundamentals.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, or other CNCF software is a big plus.
- Experience with Ceph or other storage clusters is a big plus.
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.