The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will be focused on our NA component supply. This position is critical for ensuring the delivery of quality components from established suppliers and developing new suppliers to meet Peloton quality requirements. You will manage all quality-related communication between Peloton and suppliers to our distribution centers. As the main technical interface for our NA component suppliers you will be responsible for driving problem solving accountability (8Ds), reviewing and approving implementation of process/part changes, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. You will be the responsible escalation point for internal and field concerns regarding component quality. As an individual you are independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to protect and improve product quality.
- Provide supplier quality planning support for new supplier onboarding, including auditing and evaluation
- Educate/assist suppliers in Peloton quality assurance expectations and best practices Provide support and ultimately approve supplier PPAP submissions
- Work with Peloton Quality Control team to develop and implement inspection and escalation plans
- Coordinate disposition and cost recovery for non-conforming material from suppliers
- Drive supplier root cause analysis and corrective actions (8D) and validate results ensuring proper closed-loop corrective action process
- Report weekly on defect rate and quality issues
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities to drive improved part design, cost reduction, and yield improvement
- At least 4 years of experience working as a supplier quality engineer in a similar fast-paced industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in robust supplier quality enforcement and support, including APQP familiarity, PPAP familiarity, 8D
- Robust understanding of 2D drawings and GD&T
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks knowledge is a plus)
- Lean/Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to identify bottlenecks in a process and drive improvement
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.