Senior Systems Engineer
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. Our Infrastructure Team evaluates, builds, and supports solutions for all aspects of Systems, Networks, Monitoring and Deployment across our hybrid Iron and Cloud environment.
- Design, implement and operate our production infrastructure
- Utilize and/or develop automation tools
- Optimize system performance for our applications
- Plan for capacity requirements in a growing environment
- Develop policies for full system lifecycles across all stacks
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 3+ Years of experience
- Linux administration including scripting (bash/python)
- Strong MySQL knowledge
- Strong knowledge of configuration automation tools
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking
- Version control systems (Git, Mercurial)
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Go, Ruby, C)
- Strong understanding of software development practices
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or similar college level education
- Web Serving (haproxy/nginx/apache/etc.)
- A background in security
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Service location systems
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.