Senior Team Leader QA Engineer at Talkspace
Are you interested in joining a fast-growing startup that is tackling a huge problem?
Talkspace is the world's leading online therapy company. With over 500,000 users and more than a thousand therapists interacting on our platform, we're quickly showing the world that therapy and technology are a great combination. Talkspace is based in midtown Manhattan.
At Talkspace we’re looking for a senior QA Engineer to join our team & help us build innovative products to re-invent therapy for how we live today. Join us on this mission & you’ll be working on cutting-edge technology that makes a real, lasting difference in people’s lives.
What you’ll do:
- You will work with other technologists, as well as with each of the company's other departments (marketing, product, sales, engineering, etc.) to draft test plans that satisfy project requirements.
- Manually test websites, mobile apps and other device driven software using exploratory testing techniques.
- Act as the team leader of 3 manual testers based in our NYC office and report back to the QA manager based in Israel.
- Operate in a self-directed, fast-paced start-up environment, while working with mentors who encourage and promote growth and development.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to the Engineering, Creative, and other teams throughout feature development.
- Suggest new processes and policies that Engineering and QA can implement to ensure we’re only shipping the best possible product.
- Work closely with our automation testing team to push through full coverage of our regression test plan.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience as a manual QA engineer testing functionally and UI of C\S products + back-end services on web, iOS & Android.
- At least 1 year of experience as a team leader of manual QA team of at least 3 people.
- Experience in testing cloud-based web services.
- Basic scripting experience using both web and mobile automation tools, such as Selenium, and an ability to solve basic programming problems.
- Solid knowledge of HTTP, SQL, HTML, XML, API.
- Proven experience with API testing using Postman (or any similar tools).
- Familiarity with current software design methodologies including Agile (Scrum) process.
Excellent problem solving skills, a love for technical challenges, and a willingness to learn.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in STEM
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.