Senior Technical Architect, DDI at NS1
NS1 optimizes delivery of the world’s most critical internet and enterprise applications. Only NS1’s platform is built on a modern API-first architecture that acts on real-time data and grows more powerful in complex environments, transforming DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management (IPAM) into an intelligent, efficient, and automated system. NS1’s technology drives dramatic gains in IT efficiency and application performance, reliability, and security for the largest global enterprises, including Salesforce, LinkedIn, Dropbox, Nielsen, Pitney Bowes, Squarespace, Pandora and The Guardian. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role
NS1 is looking for a senior engineering leader for our on-premises DNS, DHCP, IPAM (DDI) product. This leader will work as a partner to our product owner for DDI, and be responsible for the technical strategy and delivery of the DDI product.
You have experience as the primary technical leader on a product(s) within high-performing engineering teams, across multiple phases of the product lifecycle. You are adept at working with cross-functional engineering teams to ensure product deliverables are being met, coordinating resources and priorities with stakeholders across the business. You are a skillful communicator, and can credibly represente the technical POV and execution efforts for the product with the technical teams, company leadership, customers, and prospects.Your Responsibilities:
- 7+ years leading in high-performing engineering organizations
- Translate market opportunities and understanding of the fundamental market needs into an executable product roadmap in partnership with Product Management and engineering teams
- Influence top-level product prioritization decisions into engineering, advocating for technical approach and execution feasibility
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions that delight customers
- Demonstrated leadership on high level product roadmap planning and estimation, providing decisions on technical direction and implementation approaches for the roadmap
- Experience providing product architecture oversight, ensuring cohesion with other products across the platform model, and advocating for performance and scalability considerations on the product roadmap
- Ability to clearly define required and desirable features, and work closely with engineering, product, and customers to find the right balance between delivery approach, speed, and functionality.
- Solid understanding of commonalities/differences between Enterprise Software and SaaS environments, along with infrastructure that spans on-premise and cloud
- Experience translating product strategy into a high-impact delivery plan with engineering, including feasibility assessment and functionality trade-offs for the roadmap
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate and process team input and user feedback, fostering a continuous cycle of feedback and improvement for your products.
- Skew towards execution, bringing a self-starter mentality
- Interface with senior technical staff at customers and prospects
- Prior experience developing or working with DNS, DHCP, and IPAM technologies.
- Lead architect or software manager responsible for delivery of enterprise products
- Experience in high-growth startups
- Experience with both on-premise software and SaaS based products
- Experience with common integrations and automation tools, in cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software that’s deployed on physical hardware and an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, and Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Grafana, Bosun
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.