Senior Technical Curriculum Developer at Datadog
A senior technical curriculum developer is a technical leader and mentor who anchors a team. They own projects on the team from beginning to end.
Technical & Leadership Skills
- Consistently launches high quality Learning Center courses and actively mentors other team members to do the same.
- Has broad knowledge of multiple Datadog product areas, understands the problems customers face, and determines how various training programs bridge the gap.
- Uses expertise in specific domains to build relationships within Datadog and identify opportunities for collaboration. Communicates these opportunities within the team to advocate for new training programs.
- Proactively identifies problems and shortcomings in our training programs and oversees the implementation of solutions.
Scope & Impact
- Owns and takes operational responsibility for important services of the team.
- Starter: can explore new problem areas to deliver prototypes and proofs-of-concepts.
- Finisher: consistently takes projects from "80% done" to "deployed, correct, operable, and maintainable".
- Moves fluidly across team boundaries when projects require, identifying and coordinating dependencies.
- Dodges roadblocks and eliminates ambiguity to unblock on challenging problems.
- Works with team lead to define OKRs of the product areas they own, and helps decide OKRs across the team.
Culture & Drive for Improvement
- Deeply understands the team’s mission and is an expert in team processes. Mentors team members in these processes to help everyone swim in the same direction.
- Are the go-to person on their team to answer questions and mentor new team members.
- Clearly communicates expectations, concerns, and other feedback to the team lead and anyone they are mentoring.
- Positive interactions with other team members at every level of experience.
- Pushes to become a better technical curriculum developer (e.g. independent study and exploration of topics in customer education, project management, etc) and shares resources with the team to help others do the same.
- Enters all engagements with respect for the other person’s perspective and time
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.