Senior TechOps Engineer at Cedar
Cedar is a healthcare technology company striving to improve patient's financial experiences. Our technology streamlines the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We are growing quickly, and are seeking a Senior TechOps Engineer who will play an important role in the organization, partnering with the DevOps, Security, and People teams to deliver a best in class IT environment for Cedar. We believe in automation, in doing the right thing by default, in making our users as productive as possible while taking security seriously and implementing smart controls.Responsibilities
- Participate in the design and maintenance of the network infrastructure and monitor performance
- Seek creative ways to improve our services/process/workflows and partner with the TechOps Lead on implementing new technologies at Cedar
- Actively respond to incoming requests and IT tickets
- Build computer management workflows that will scale to hundreds or thousands of devices
- Work with Compliance/Security to secure laptops and Cedar network
- Be an expert on desktop and application support for Cedar employees
- Mentor other IT Support Specialist(s) and help them to grow technically
- Work with PeopleOps to improve and automate onboarding/offboarding
- 4+ years Systems or Network Administration experience
- Experienced working as part of a service organization
- Must be able to interact with folks of all technological abilities and convey complex topics in terms they understand
- Expert in MacOS administration
- Strong understanding of UNIX/Linux environments
- Ability to script in at least one language. Ie. Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Experienced in networking fundamentals. Should be able to design and implement a moderately complex single location network including hardware
- Superb communication skills, problem-solving ability, and detail oriented
- Positive attitude and a committed team player
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field is preferred
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior TechOps Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.