Senior UI Engineer at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Combine your solid coding skills with a design sense to deliver pixel perfect, premium experiences.
- Be a part of a cross-functional team made up of product managers, designers, and engineers working in an iterative agile environment.
- Build and ship high-quality code to deliver impactful features and experiences.
- Design scalable front-end architecture.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
- Evangelize best practices for creating a delightful, fast, and scalable front end.
Why we're excited about you:
- You’re an experienced software engineer with a focus on building polished, engaging, and responsive user experiences.
- You have deep mastery of HTML and CSS.
- You know the pros and cons of CSS tools and systems such as BEM, Sass, Less, CSS Grid, and styled components.
- You’re experienced in creating and maintaining OOCSS libraries.
- You’re an expert in browser compatibilities.
- You’re knowledgeable in best practices to maintain and go beyond ADA compliance.
- You’ve worked on global products and aware of best practices to make sure users have a premium localized experience.
- You bring a thoughtful approach to coding, testing, and technical documentation to the table, and you’re ready to help continually improve processes.
- You’re interested in emerging technologies and excited to help push the boundaries of Skillshare’s platform offerings.
Why you're excited about us:
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to lead UI efforts across our platforms, interact with colleagues across disciplines, and have opportunities for greater impact over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.