Senior Web Engineer at Grubhub
Hey! We’re Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Millions of hungry people (Diners) come to grubhub.com and seamless.com. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for those Diners to find the food they love.
The Impact You Will Make
The Core Diner team is the meat and potatoes of our business. We are a highly motivated team interested in building and maintaining a modern, industry-wide best in class web application. As a Senior engineer on this team, you will have opportunities to grow in both leadership and technical ability. You will own our tech stack and have a large influence on our architecture. You will work closely with our Product and Design partners to solve problems to help our Diners. You will be given a large runway to solve hard engineering problems and be empowered to share your learnings with others.
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Strong Experience with React and React Hooks
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior developers
- Familiarity with server-side web technologies such as Node, Java, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with NextJS or other static generation framework like Vue SSR
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Experience with accessibility
- Experience with design systems
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]