Senior/Principal Quantitative Scientist at Flatiron Health
Flatiron Health has built a unified data set that is unparalleled in its depth and accuracy and gives our partners the capability to ask questions about data that weren't answerable until now. Our Quantitative Sciences team answers these questions.
We are looking for senior leaders with deep methodological expertise in quantitative sciences who are excited to make an immediate impact in a critical space. This position requires outstanding problem-solving, analytical, communication and leadership skills; experience with mentoring junior staff; and the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion. You will be the analytical lead and collaborate with a cross-functional team of account directors, oncologists, product managers, and software engineers to help develop, commercialize, and deliver our data and analytics products. Working in a rapidly expanding business, you will be consistently challenged to partner with Flatiron colleagues and lead the analytical strategy to answer important questions in cancer research.
- Serve as a resident quantitative methodology expert by developing creative analytical solutions and applying appropriate statistical methodology to answer novel research questions
- Define and clarify analytic requirements, develop analysis plans and novel methods, and ensure data quality standards
- Collaborate with our oncologists and account teams to identify additional opportunities that align with Flatiron’s business needs and generate ideas for analyses to shape future projects
- Mentor junior staff and collaborate with them on deliverables
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners (including life science companies, regulatory agencies, academic institutions and health technology assessment bodies) to advance the integration of our analytic products through demonstrated value. Serve as the scientific point person at meetings.
- Publish scientific work in peer-reviewed journals
- Have a leadership presence at scientific conferences and meetings by making presentations, organizing sessions, and leading discussions that advance the field of RWE research
- You hold a PhD (or equivalent) in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics, or related discipline with 5+ years of work experience in an academic or industry setting
- You have expertise in outcomes research, with a strong publication record
- You have experience collaborating with researchers in the life science industry, academia, or government agencies.
- You are a natural teacher. You have a passion for mentoring and teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You have the ability to juggle multiple external interactions and deadlines simultaneously and the versatility to collaborate with individuals at all levels and functions
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and a deep attention to detail
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, and proactive
- You are willing to travel (approximately 20%)
- Oncology experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with longitudinal EMR data
- Experience working with life sciences companies or health-related government agencies (e.g., CDC, NIH, or FDA)