Site Reliability Engineer at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our Engineering team. This role would be responsible for the availability, security and maintainability of the Talkspace application and internal tools. We are looking for someone with amazing collaboration skills and the ability to learn quickly who wants to bring their talents into a “for purpose” space. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.About This Role
- Work with engineering and security teams to improve how we design, develop, deliver, and evolve our services, to improve their availability, scalability, and performance.
- Maintain services by measuring and monitoring their availability, performance, compliance and overall health.
- Share on-call duties and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
- When availability or performance incidents occur, you will provide technical leadership and lead blameless postmortems.
- Proactively design efficient processes and automate tedious tasks.
- Architect and harden new systems in a cloud environment keeping security at the forefront.
- Our client’s confidentiality is critical, so you will relentlessly build and evolve systems using best practices and security guidelines.
- Experience administering cloud environment infrastructure as code, especially AWS using CDK
- Experience with orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, AWS ECS
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, monitoring, and storage
- Experience managing applications such as Nginx, MySQL, Redis, Redshift and DNS
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design
- Experience developing production code
- At ease with ambiguity
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced startup environment
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- AWS Certified Professional
- You participate in the community by contributing to open source libraries, speaking at events, and/or writing technical blog posts
Talkspace is a clinical quality led telebehavioral healthcare company, focused on making quality behavioral health accessible and affordable to millions in need. Its signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can send their dedicated providers unlimited text, video, picture and audio messages from anywhere, at any time. Talkspace also provides psychiatry services and prescription fulfillment, adolescent therapy and couples counseling.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.