Site Reliability Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are seeking a DevOps engineer passionate about automation to build a next-generation DevOps culture. Our team is focused on pipeline-based software delivery and empowering our internal engineering teams to build scalable self-service solutions. You will live and breathe infrastructure as code and work with technologies such as GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, Twistlock, Terraform, Docker, and a wide variety of AWS cloud-native service offerings. The ideal candidate will work with a pure infrastructure as code operating model, embrace cattle and not pets, and have a deep understanding of deployment and integration automation as well as a high level of proficiency in Bash, Python and for bonus points Go. You will be working on creating feature parity with existing systems and developing solutions that will enable rapid scaling and self-service workflows. Other expectations include tooling and monitoring, the ability to incorporate APM solutions into the workflow, and troubleshooting of production systems.
What You Will Do:
- Design and Implement automated workflows to enable engineers to self-service their infrastructure and deployment needs.
- Build next-generation tooling involving cutting-edge technologies and entirely cloud-native solutions.
- Incorporate performance monitoring and tooling into deployment and workflow automation
- Partner with the Infrastructure team to deploy seamless infrastructure as code solutions
- Upgrade existing technology patterns to provide feature parity with legacy systems and work with internal teams to upskill them on new features and capabilities designed by the Build Integration and Tooling team (B.I.T.S.)
Who You Are:
- First and foremost passionate about privacy identity management and security
- 5+ years of experience working in CI/CD based software and infrastructure development environments.
- Capable of advanced scripting in Bash and Python as well as other languages you want to bring to the table and upskill the team on.
- Good at communicating and working with teams to bring them up to speed on the new features that we are providing them to enable autonomy and rapid iteration.
- Strong knowledge of AWS products, especially AWS containerization, security, and network functionality.
- Strong knowledge of container technology and orchestration.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Native design principles (CNF familiarity preferred)
- Desire to continuously improve systems and environments