Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we are building an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
Our mission is to make home ownership achievable. We live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
Engineering at Ribbon
We believe that software can be a driving force in making home ownership achievable, and we're looking to build a team of passionate and talented engineers to make that dream possible for more families.
At Ribbon we place a strong emphasis on start-to-finish ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- This is a greenfield opportunity with tremendous impact across many products at Ribbon that modernize the home buying process and make it fair for all
- Building a solid and scalable platform for running our platform
- Enabling teams to develop, build and release with speed and confidence
- You are resourceful, open-minded, and enjoy solving complicated problems
- You value inclusivity and collaboration as much as writing good, clean code
- You have made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
- You have a security-first mindset with everything you build and architect
- You have experience with infrastructure as code (terraform/gitops)
- You have experience with monitoring, APM, and logging tooling
- Leverage automation to build scalable systems; evolve systems by advocating for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Proactively monitor and create alerts to catch issues before they cause outages
- Work closely with our engineers to understand their services and needs in order to help them achieve the best results
- Improve performance across services at varying levels of the stack
- Implement an observability stack developers can use
- Practice sustainable incident response with best practices like blameless postmortems
Here are some of the tools you'd be using to help us build the future of real estate. If you've never used these specific tools before but are interested in working with them, please apply!
- Back-end: Python, Django, GraphQL
- Ops: Bash, AWS, Postgres, Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform, Github Actions.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Fully paid parental leave
- Regular team lunches
- Health + wellness stipend
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If you’d be excited to show up for work each day, we’d be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon we’re not scared of differences. It’s how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, we’ve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.