Site Reliability Engineer
We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the TechOps organization to accelerate Flatiron’s mission to improve cancer care and learn from patient experiences by ensuring that our technical infrastructure and staff maintain the highest levels of reliability, performance, and agility. You'll provide best practice guidance on reliability and scalability to our engineering teams. As a member of one of our SRE teams you will have a key role in scaling our technology platforms and empowering our development teams to consume them frictionlessly. In addition, you'll also:
- Design and build infrastructure & systems that provide high levels of scalability, reliability, and performance, while balancing security, maintainability, and operational excellence.
- Interface across teams to codify and reliably test infrastructure changes using Flatiron’s software development lifecycle.
- Partner with product and application teams to provide guidance and best practices around scalability, reliability, and performance of our productions systems, infrastructure, and software.
- Actively participate in code and configuration reviews.
- Craft solid and clearly explained designs, playbooks, and documentation, for consumption by teammates and the larger engineering organization.
- Improve operational efficiency through automation and deployment or development of new tools.
- Be proactive in performance & availability monitoring; provide remediations for systemic issues.
- Ingest requirements, scope work, produce estimates and help define deliverables with project timelines.
- Actively participate in on-call duties.
- Work as a team on escalations, resolving critical issues that impact our high SLA production systems.
Who You Are
You're a Site Reliability Engineer with 2+ years of experience working in a devops or software engineering role. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Experience writing simple, readable, useful code, especially for operational tooling.
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience working with a production environment with high uptime requirements and measurable SLAs.
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos.
- Proficient with configuration management, orchestration, and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality, on-time solutions that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and engineering teams.
- Preference for working in a dynamic environment, comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
- Belief that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.