Site Reliability Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
But Resy is much more than our consumer-facing phone app and website, we have a restaurant OS, ResyOS is a complete restaurant reservations and waitlist system, including table management, ticketing, web and app booking, CRM, POS integration and more.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Resy, we are tackling hard problems with elegant solutions and growing very quickly. We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who can jump right in to help our product engineers to build, test and scale our systems and applications.
In this role you are the one gravitating toward operational concerns of our team, focusing on reliability, performance, capacity planning and automation of everything.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Maintain, manage and streamline all of our servers, external processes, and hosted services
- Own and improve our build and deployment processes
- Create and monitor dashboards and alerts for key infrastructure metrics, and business KPIs that relate to site reliability
- Share pager duty to ensure that all of our products and services are up and running
- Automate infrastructure management and maintenance with the aim of empowering the team and ensuring site reliability
WHO YOU ARE:
- A self-starter who’s comfortable working independently without a ton of supervision
- You love automation and can’t wait to do away with repetitive tasks
- You are collaborative and are excited to empower the engineering team to work better and faster
- You have used a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience building complex distributed systems.
- Extensive experience with Amazon EC2, Route 53, RDS, IAM, CloudFront and AMIs
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.