Site Reliability Engineer
GEMINI TRUST COMPANY, LLC
NEW YORK, NY & PORTLAND, OR
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are key experts in building and operating Gemini's world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: Site Reliability Engineer
As a member of the team, you’ll have a hand in building innovative and robust solutions to stay ahead of our business growth. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping developers build the best products in the market, ensuring that they have the infrastructure to maintain our standards of high performance; they possess a strong sense of ownership and a desire to produce excellent results on the first try.
- Utilize automation (via Ansible) to improve productivity, workflow, and technology deployment
- Build and support optimized network infrastructure
- Evaluate and implement new technologies
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues, and find and improve performance bottlenecks
- Participate in the team's 24/7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years experience with Linux system administration
- 2+ years experience with configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- 2+ years experience with metrics collection and monitoring (open source or commercial)
- Keen sense of automation to create consistent and predictable infrastructure
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regards to information security
- Understanding of IP network functionality (e.g., TCP, UDP, multicast)
- Understanding of offload engines and why they are important
- Working knowledge of how to debug networking issues
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- 5+ years in capital markets (e.g., exchange, market maker, latency-sensitive broker)
- 5+ years running bare-metal systems
- System tuning and kernel optimization
- 2+ years experience in cloud platform administration
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.