Site Reliability Engineer
We’re Ushering in a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As our Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will facilitate running our software in our own cloud environment so customers can make use of our software platform. You will also be responsible for automating common tasks and work towards a total self service system for internal teams
A day in the life of a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Collibra:
- Maintain and monitor the production infrastructure (AWS) where our customers use our product
- Architect new infrastructure solutions that Collibra needs to move forward, going for open-source solutions first
- Automate as much as possible
- Put the security standards in place, making sure no bad guys can get to our beloved data
- Help with infrastructure/security questions from customers, with a keen eye on providing high quality customer service
- Work closely with our support team to streamline the processes and help the customer with their demands as fast as possible.
- You’ll also be working with the following technologies: Amazon Web Services*, Ansible*, Apache Http Server, CentOS*, Datadog, Docker, Elasticsearch, Jira, PostgreSQL, Slack, Apache Tomcat, Git, and *Key technologies for this role
Why we need you:
- You are a seasoned, experienced professional with 5 years experience in engineering and support, with deep expertise in cloud infrastructure
- You are a fast and agile learner who is able to adapt quickly as our technology stack increases to meet new challenges
- You’re passionate about cloud engineering and are always on the lookout for new things to learn and apply to your work
- You know your way around a Linux machine
- You recognize that the real reason why automation is needed is because we are lazy by nature
- When things don’t work, your first response is always “have you tried turning it off and on again?” (Just kidding…or are we?)
- You have a devops mindset- you embrace the idea that we are the enablers of the company, and it is our duty to trust our people and share our knowledge to our developers and sales people
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent fields
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package
Collibra is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Collibra or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of Collibra. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Collibra as a result of the referral or through other means.#LI-ER1