Site Reliability Engineer
Knotch is the independent standard for content marketing ROI. We help CMOs and their teams measure and impact the outcome of their content efforts via real-time, actionable intelligence across all of their content investment. Our end-to-end content intelligence platforms helps marketers plan, measure, optimize and benchmark their content efforts across all owned and paid strategies. We work exclusively with brands and we do not monetize from any distribution channels to make sure that our business model isn’t invested in the success of what we are measuring.
We’re based in SoHo, NYC and work with brands including GE, Unilever, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Sprint, TD Ameritrade, Ford, Colgate, and Citi. Knotch has been named to Inc. Best Place to work in 2018 list, Built In NYC's Top 50 Start-ups to work at in 2018, and Built In NYC's 100 Best Places to Work in 2019.
Engineering at Knotch:
Engineering is the cornerstone of our organization and we work hard everyday to build the most impactful products as possible. We love to experiment, find a deep joy in product iteration, achieve stability with thoughtful architecture and testing all while monitoring our performance and progress at every step.
Knotch’s founding mission has always been to improve the advertising and marketing industries in a lasting and meaningful way. Transparency through data is our ethos and something every member of our company takes seriously. We are looking for highly motivated engineers who passionate about data and who are eager to transform an industry to join us on our journey.
Site Reliability Engineer
At Knotch, maintaining high availability for our products is absolutely essential and we’re always working to improve the robustness of our applications in order to maximize their reliability. This starts with smart architecture and continues will well designed software implementations that allow us quickly spot failures and monitor performance. We’re looking for Site Reliability Engineers with strong AWS experience to join our growing Engineering team. The SRE team will work directly with our various Software Engineers groups to help build scalable and resilient applications.
What You'll Do at Knotch
- Help plan, manage, and monitor infrastructure using automated tools and code
- Work directly with our Engineering team to help design and architect efficient, scalable, and reliable software implementations
- Work to improve our security posture and operational security
- Work to provide increased visibility into the health of our various products and systems
- Work to remedy failures and disruptions to service as quickly as possible
- Conduct post-mortems that clearly communicate reasons for failure and include actionable advice to prevent future incidents
What We Want From You
- 4+ years of experience with managing and monitoring infrastructure and services running on AWS and other cloud providers
- Experience with Terraform or other “infrastructure as code” tools
- An ability to quickly troubleshoot and remedy issues and clearly communicate with various levels of technical specificity