Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
We are hiring Site Reliability Engineers to work on our Core Infrastructure team. The team is responsible for managing our dev and production environments, making it easy to ship code frequently with confidence, automate repetitive administration tasks, and building a more resilient software platform that will be an enabler for our growth. Engineers on this team will collaborate with engineers and product managers across Product, Data, and Mobile engineering teams at Transfix.
Your contributions in this small team will have a large impact on our growth, and our environment and growth stage provide many opportunities for technical challenges and individual growth. If that’s appealing, we want to hear from you.
We are currently hiring for senior-level and mid-level engineers in Site Reliability Engineering roles.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Build the core software platform and cloud infrastructure that supports our freight-management platform and mobile apps.
- Enable short iteration cycles in development, testing, and deployment of our applications.
- Design for “repeatable infrastructure” and automate repetitive administration tasks.
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns, supported by prototypes and data-driven evidence, and be willing to drive proposals through adoption within the team.
- Play an active role in production software operations. Our engineers collaborate closely and quickly to resolve critical bugs and service outages, lead cross-functional post-mortems, and identify meaningful learnings from incidents.
- Our tech stack is comprised of Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Dynamo, RedShift. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like New Relic, Sentry, Airbrake and CloudWatch.
- You have 3+ years professional experience writing, delivering, supporting, and debugging web applications and services in Linux-based environments.
- You are fluent with Python, Ruby, C++, Node, Go, or Java.
- Experience working within CI/CD environments and writing automated tests.
- Hands-on experience running software on AWS or Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with configuration management and/or containerization tools.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
Location: This role is remote-friendly within 3 timezones of our headquarters in NYC.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.