Site Reliability Engineer at Galileo
Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all, including those with Medicare and Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
In close collaboration with our Product Engineering team, Galileo’s Site Reliability Engineers will help safely accelerate our pace of development, while implementing tooling to keep our services online. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll have an opportunity to implement new technologies in the cloud, giving our team better access to analyze metrics and debug issues. Specifically, you will:
- Continue developing a more robust deployment pipeline, with deployments ranging from web applications to data pipelines to serverless code
- Implement tooling to help tighten our monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Trace and analyze Healthcare Security alerts and issues
- Use metrics to scale our applications as we grow our operations
- Pair with engineering to continue developing safe data storage and backup practices
- Enable product engineering to QA new features more efficiently
- Help improve onboarding procedures for the entire team, including engineers, operations, and clinicians
Who You Are
- You adapt to new technologies quickly, and know how to use the right-sized approach for each problem.
- Automation and autonomous mean two different things to you, and you strive for autonomous solutions. You're comfortable with infrastructure-as-code.
- You enjoy working with monitoring tools to alert the right people when things are going wrong. You've implemented monitoring tools up and down the stack, from the cloud infrastructure level (AWS) to the application level (Docker).
- You're passionate about helping other engineers gain more visibility into their code.
- You understand why feature flagging is important to a deployment process. You've implemented chaos engineering in practice, and have used it to strengthen infrastructure. You constantly look for ways to speed up code delivery in a safe and reliable manner.
- You understand why practicing disaster recovery is important, and you believe in the bus factor as a way of measuring risk.
Technologies We Use
- AWS (Fargate, Aurora, Lambda, API Gateway)
- Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation)
- CI/CD (CodeBuild/CodePipeline)
- Application Monitoring and Tracing (SignalFX)
- SIEM (SumoLogic)
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences, - including but, not limited to - gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making -- one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.