Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps/SRE)
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, Primary Venture Partners, GGV Capital, and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Building a technology-powered organization is essential to our success. We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help build our growing SRE and Infrastructure team. We use a microservices architecture with a Python and Ruby on Rails backend, employing technologies like AWS Lambda, RDS, and Dynamo. We are migrating off Heroku, and adding more AWS services to our stack. We seek a highly motivated SRE who will work with our technical leads to design and build fast, scalable, robust, and resilient systems. You will help evangelize SRE and DevOps insights and methodologies across the entire Engineering department.
As an engineer here, you'll have the freedom to help our team implement innovative solutions and have a significant impact on our product, and the business as a whole. We want someone who is passionate about moving fast while building highly performant, robust code that brings great value to our customers. We value experimentation, growth mindset, thinking outside of the box, and Getting S#!& Done!
- Build fast, scalable, robust, resilient infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code practices
- Play a key role in several brand new and highly-visible operations, ranging from monitoring and observability to high-availability and internal tooling
- Evangelize the underlying philosophy of SRE and DevOps to all your peers
- Focus on building products that have measurable impact
- Continuously pay off tech debt, refactor code, re-architect as necessary, and use the latest and greatest technologies
- Help to build a culture of excellence in the engineering organization
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of software development experience for infrastructure and DevOps
- 2+ years shipping production code in a fast-paced environment
- Working familiarity with AWS, microservice architecture, and infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Self-motivated, data-driven, perseverant, resilient, scrappy, hands-on. No job is too small, and you take a bias towards action. When something isn’t working, your first instinct is to rip it apart and figure out why.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Serverless Framework,
- Competency in bash, python, or other relevant scripting languages,
- Experience with a majority of the following AWS services: API Gateway, EC2, EKS, IAM (Roles, STS, Policies), Lambda, RDS, Route53, S3, SQS, VPC networking
- CI/CD tooling (CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.) is a plus
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt) is a plus