Site Reliability Engineer at Shapeways
Enabling product creation at scale is the core of Shapeways’ innovative technology platform. By leveraging a global network of cutting-edge digital manufacturing and material partners, Shapeways continues to be a proven leader in advanced additive manufacturing [3D Printing] solutions. Founded in 2007, Shapeways is headquartered in New York City, with manufacturing facilities in Long Island City and the Netherlands, maintaining a prominent global presence around the world. Shapeways has enabled product creation for over 1+ million customers. And we’re just getting started.
Why are Site Reliability Engineers important to us?
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will design and maintain infrastructure and tools for our production systems, 3D Printing factories, and development environments. Your primary duty will be to ensure availability and performance across all of our products and services. If you have a mix of deep technical knowledge and operational business sense, can deploy and scale systems in a fast-paced startup environment, and have cloud experience, learn quickly and know how to work well as part of a team, you’d be a great fit!
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Ensure availability and performance of Shapeways products and services
- Build and maintain development and live environments and supporting infrastructure in conjunction with the AppDev team
- Expanding our AWS infrastructure
- Plan and execute system upgrades
- Building and maintaining configuration management systems
- On-call for a production environment
- Helping manage the cost of our infrastructure
- Monitoring and Escalation
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- 5+ years of experience running production web environments
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing technologies, including AWS, Terraform, Docker (Kubernetes a plus)
- Strong knowledge of web platforms and technologies, including PHP, Python, MySQL, Nginx, Haproxy
- Experience with scripting in Shell and other scripting languages, and the ability to read code in any language
- Built and maintained configuration management - Puppet and Terraform a plus
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- A laser-focus on uptime, and how to improve it, including HA best practices, DR procedures, and graceful degradation.
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates