Site Reliability Engineer at Unqork
Unqork is a new way to build enterprise software: it's a purely visual, drag-and-drop no-code platform designed to support the scale, complexity and security that enterprise applications require. Our customers are leaders in insurance, financial services, healthcare and the public sector, and they use Unqork to build custom software faster, with higher quality and at lower costs than code-based approaches. Founded in 2017, Unqork reached unicorn status in 2020, with a valuation of $2B. Unqork has been named one of the Best Startup Employers by Forbes, Best Places to Work by Built In and one of LinkedIn's Top Startups.
- You will report to the Development Operations Manager in the Operate Camp.
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- Participate as a partner in planning the product roadmap, sprint planning, stand-ups.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Increase visibility into the health and durability of the Unqork platform.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Maintain existing services and tools, augmenting and replacing.
- 2+ years as a Site Reliability Engineer.
- Knowledge in Linux monitoring, troubleshooting, and administration.
- Competence in at least one programming language.
- Can write and evaluate code for scalability/runtime.
- Experience with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Nomad.
- Experience with monitoring, APM, and logging tooling (Eg: ELK, Grafana, Datadog, NewRelic, or Splunk).
- Experience working with at least one DBMS (Eg: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, or MongoDB).
- Experience with configuration management tools (Eg: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or Salt). Ansible Tower or AWX is a plus.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Google Deployment Manager, or Azure Resource Manager.
- Experience working with at least one major Cloud Provider (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Understanding of cloud native security requirements (Eg: WAF, security groups).
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.