Site Reliability Engineering Manager at Frame.io
See all roles
Manage a senior team to define and deliver our SRE team’s vision and roadmap by ensuring reliability, scalability, and security.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, SignalFire, FirstMark, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
Thanks to Frame.io’s ongoing expansion, we have the opportunity to grow our SRE team and are looking for a strong manager to come onboard! We're a diverse mix of backgrounds and skill sets, and each of us makes a big difference every day.
As the manager for our SRE team, you and your team will own Frame.io's Kubernetes platform, powering our SaaS solution. This system is the key platform for Frame.io's services, running at a scale serving millions of users everyday. You will not only have the opportunity to lead your team through an exciting phase of it's lifecycle, but also transform and emphasize it’s availability, performance and quality. We’re looking for someone that has deep technical expertise with strong management skills to successfully lead a senior team, while defining and delivering on the vision and roadmap.
- 5+ years of managing cloud infrastructure, including hands-on experience with AWS (or another public cloud), Kubernetes, GitOps, Terraform, Docker, CI/CD.
- You've been a hands-on leader (3+ years as manager or tech lead) and value collaboration.
- You have deep experience in collaborating with engineering teams and developing tools and technologies for them.
- You have broad knowledge of Cloud Security and facilitate close collaboration between security and infrastructure teams.
- You value facilitating the growth of your team. You ensure that their careers progress and that the team culture is collaborative and inclusive.
- You have experience with project and roadmap planning.
- You’ll be just as passionate about troubleshooting issues with distributed systems at scale as you are to automate, code and collaborate to solve problems.
- Experience with common DevOps/SRE practices such as Configuration, Alerting, Observability.
- You have materially improved the operability of the systems you've run - through monitoring, service level management, lifecycle management, performance tuning, and documentation.
- Manage, mentor and lead a senior team that is passionate about infrastructure services, and collaborate on issues with engineers.
- Identify and bridge gaps to ensure Frame.io’s cloud infrastructure is secure, observable, reliable, and scalable.
- Work with all engineers to define, create, and maintain SLI/SLO/SLA's.
- Monitor Frame.io’s cloud platform + infrastructure; responding to incidents and improving incident procedures (like provisioning, deployments, etc.) to drive down mean-time-to-detect and mean-time-to-resolve.
- Build, deploy, and maintain tools to help engineering teams move fast and scale.
- Promote collaboration and sharing of knowledge through regular demos, presentations, or blog posts within Frame.io as well as to the external technical community.
- Innovate on infrastructure by developing cutting-edge tools and technologies.
- Run ChaosDays to ensure we handle and respond to failure correctly.
- Create and participate in 24x365 on-call schedules.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.