Site Reliability Engineering Manager at Peloton
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help our Site Reliability Engineers build and scale our CI and developer tooling. An ideal candidate is someone who’s passionate about running a great team and excited about developer experience and velocity. You should have a DevOps or SRE background, and an ability to understand the tradeoffs needed to achieve reliable and secure infrastructure and tooling.
You will build and lead a team of 4-6+ engineers running internal services and building tooling. As a manager, you will be expected to help recruit and grow your team to meet the needs of a rapidly scaling engineering organization. Critical services that developers rely on today are Jenkins and Artifactory, and you’ll be expected to help drive forward efforts to containerize and modernize our build infrastructure as we continue a migration to Kubernetes. We are looking to expand our existing automation to build more self-service tools and automate SRE best practices, and will work closely with engineers inside and outside SRE to help reduce toil and improve reliability and security.
You will want to work with us if you’re passionate about building awesome things and help build and lead amazing teams.
- Grow a high quality engineering team through recruiting, coaching, and mentoring engineers and by holding a high quality bar for your team’s work.
- Establish and maintain metrics to manage the availability of services and KPIs to manage your team’s performance.
- Drive outcomes with other groups and leaders inside our team working on efforts including our deployment platforms (Kubernetes/EC2/Lambda), production reliability engineering, and security.
- Own and operate critical internal services like Jenkins, Artifactory, and Gradle enterprise and build a roadmap to improve and expand needed internal services.
- Own and improve developer tooling with an eye towards self service, reliability, and developer efficiency.
- Build, maintain, and improve automation that manages our infrastructure as code.
- Exemplify our core values of putting members first, operating with a bias for action, empowering teams of smart creatives, and embracing a “together we go far” mentality.
- 5+ years of building, running and caring about teams of engineers, Platform, Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps teams strongly preferred, experience with remote teams a huge plus.
- 3+ years of experience working with configuration management tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and CI tooling (Jenkins, JenkinsX, Circle CI, Concourse, Drone)
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services and infrastructure as code, terraform strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to product experience.
- Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Java. You may not code daily but should have the ability to hold a code quality bar on your team.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a strong plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background and experience.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.