--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a hands-on engineering leader who understands the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, and development standpoint and can effectively translate them into requirements and solutions. You know how to write good clean code that solves real world problems, and more importantly you know how to inspire and empower others to do the same.
You’re passionate about architecting infrastructure solutions that scale globally to support multi-team efforts. In this role, you will guide and mentor the engineering teams that power our primary customer applications and services and expand our international presence. You have a proven track record of designing and managing large systems that scale to support customers and regional compliance. You guide the organization with a focus on engagement and stability while maintaining new feature development that impacts the business. You excel in strategic thinking and execution in a fast-paced environment, collaborating closely with security, legal, and product teams. This position requires excellent technical and influencing skills paired with business acumen. You will help guide business priorities and influence engineering decisions to yield the best results towards constant improvement.
- Set the technical vision across engineering teams responsible for large and complex platforms
- Partner with product leadership to shape long term vision and be able break down into concrete near term milestones
- Design platforms that enable multi-team initiatives to move fast, reduce complexity, and increase efficiency
- Build a balanced technical roadmap that ensures stable future platform growth
- Implement and improve existing development, testing, deployment and issue tracking practices
- Design our future platform to meet all compliance requirements, localization, and other relevant laws and regulations
- Mentor and influence engineers by providing frameworks, guidelines, and best practices so that compliance and resilience are a natural outcome of engineering efforts
- Partner with recruiting to hire world-class talent
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You have designed and led efforts to expand infrastructure and systems to support customers internationally, ideally multi-region SaaS Solutions on AWS
- You are experienced in building resilient solutions that support data residency
- You have developed and driven a long term technical vision for a platform that contains sensitive information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to interface and partner with different levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/SaaS/cloud-based environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 10+ years of relevant experience
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.