Software Architect at Collibra
Today, organizations across all industries are using data for nearly every business decision, and the value of reliable, trustworthy data has grown exponentially as a way to gain competitive advantage. Collibra was built to be the system of record for all data professionals.
Our scalable, cloud-based platform provides people with a uniform view of their data landscape, independent of where or how the data is stored. This enables people to automate processes, find and understand their data, and trust the data to make confident, informed business decisions - something we call Data Intelligence.
Founded in 2008 in Brussels, Belgium
Named Belgium’s first Tech Unicorn in 2019
$345.5M in funding
600+ employees across 18 countries
Global offices in Brussels, NYC, Wroclaw and Atlanta
Co-working locations in London, Paris and Melbourne
Main tech stack: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Java, Spring, PostgresQL, React, TypeScript, GraphQL and many others
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We have replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
You are a technical leader and we need your expertise, experience and technical leadership skills to support our current and future growth.
We are looking for a talented architect to continuously improve our products while working closely with our entire team to foster conceptual integrity throughout Collibra software portfolio.A day in the life of a Software Architect at Collibra:
As an Architect, your mission is to deliver a SaaS vision and architecture, acting on behalf of the stakeholders and making sure this vision is understood by the rest of engineering & product teams. You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Work closely with Product and Engineering Leads to help achieve the business goals and ultimately solve problems of our customers
- Understand Collibra current software design and promote pragmatic changes to continuously evolve into cloud native and microservices architecture
- Act as technical leader, influence others by promoting incremental improvements and can do attitude
- Help define the long-term architecture vision ensuring the conceptual integrity of application landscape
- Solve complex problems by breaking them down into simple and actionable items
- Take the lead in broader and cross-functional initiatives like modularization, scalability and performance
- Take part in the architecture board meetings. Share technical expertise with the team and try to help them find the most effective solutions for their challenges
- Mentoring teams in areas like design, development, integration and configuration of relevant architectural components.
- Reinforce and promote the best development guidelines, processes, tools, design patterns and practices
- Documenting the architecture current state and the architecture reference, its artifacts, building blocks, non-functional requirements and patterns to be used by development and operational teams
- Bring visibility to the technical debt initiatives
- Contribute to the architecture runway by identifying enablers and architectural changes that are necessary to be able to provide a smooth implementation of the epics from the product roadmap
- Strong experience as a software architect building and evolving SaaS products
- A pragmatic, business oriented and positive mindset
- A solid track record acting as a technical leader for global and cross functional initiatives
- Experience transitioning from a monolith architecture to a microservices one
- Experience and interest with modern methodologies and technologies such as: 12 factor, design patterns, containerization, cloud native infrastructure, horizontal scalability, TDD, performance testing, etc
- A great motivation to work together with diverse and distributed team
- Empathetic and effective communication skills, being able to adjust to different channels, styles and audiences
- Problem solving, curious and learning attitude
- You are comfortable working fully in English - we're a global team, and it's the language we share!
- Strong bonus: ElasticSearch
- Bonus: Apache Kafka, Hibernate, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, and database model optimization are a huge plus
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*