Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
SIMON is looking for a Software Developer in Test (SDET) with four years of experience. In this role, you’ll bring practical knowledge of agile development methodologies and engineering best practices. As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you’ll work closely with the Development and Testing team. The ideal candidate would be an independent individual contributor who can understand existing automation test frameworks and has an ability to enhance and implement the same and should also be able to work with other engineers and product managers to support feature-based testing.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Analysis of current manual test processes to design automation scope and structure.
- Build and implementation of robust automated test suites.
- Integration of automated test suites with the current build and deployment processes.
- Maintenance of automated tests to accommodate changes in system design and architecture.
- Integration of Automation framework with existing tools (JIRA).
- Create/Manage/Utilize Defect workflows with automated test execution.
- Design and publish meaningful metric to support automation test creation and execution.
- Build and implementation of performance test suites.
- Perform all types of testing – Functional. API, Automation, Performance and Load
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience with QA engineering delivery experience
- 2+ years of delivery within Agile SDLC/teams ideally with CDCI
- Programming experience in Java with focus on behavior driven development (BDD) and test-driven development (TDD) and design patterns, ideally within continuous integration (CDCI)
- Experience with JAVA (micro) services and REST APIs and exposure to Angular front ends
- Agile development approach
- CICD: Maven, Sonar, Git, Teamcity/Jenkins, Docker
- Exposure to banking and/or finance environments preferred
- Testing: Junit, WebdriverIO, Protractor, JMeter or similar
- Development: Basic Java – TDD/BDD testing related
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.
No matter which part of the team you join, there is something interesting to work on. Our front-end team is building out our web and mobile presence using React, Redux, and Webpack along with some very sophisticated data visualizations. Our back-end team is using Scala, Akka, Postgres and other open-source technologies to build a micro-services architecture that can scale to handle our ambitious roadmap. Our quantitative engineering team is researching and building novel financial strategies to widen our competitive advantage. Our dev-ops team is creating a development and production environment with Docker and Kubernetes to keep us nimble. Product Management sits in the middle of it all to make it happen.