Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
In this role you will drive the innovation of our team’s testing frameworks and tools for core components of our SaaS platform. This role is best suited for an SDET who is an excellent programmer and has a passion for breaking things. You’ll be automating whenever and wherever possible, and ensuring our software is robust, reliable, and resilient. Testing is a meticulous task. Our ideal candidate has the ability to strike a balance between a tester and software developer mindset. The ideal candidate can also anticipate problem areas within our code before it’s productionized.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define gaps in our testing suite and partner with the core engineering teams to develop testing strategies and tools to fill those gaps
- Leverage your strong programming abilities (we use NodeJS/Typescript/Python) to develop end-to-end automated testing frameworks that will allow our core engineering team to deliver robust and resilient software
- Evolve our test frameworks to be more reliable, faster, and more comprehensive over time, keeping quality always top of mind
- Test APIs and our web based applications with a focus on backend systems
- Improve the CI/CD pipelines (Gitlab based) of multiple applications to ensure adequate automated testing coverage on each and every code change from our core engineering teams
- Participate in the continual maintenance of code base and refactoring
- Provide guidance through code and design reviews for features delivered by other developers within their scrum team
- Collaborate with software developers, driving continuous development, integration, and deployment
- 3+ (non-internship) years of experience as an SDET, Test Engineer, or related software engineering role
- Including 2+ (non-internship) years of experience building end-to-end testing frameworks using programming languages such as Python, C#, Java, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and life cycle
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work from our NYC location when we return to the office
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Everything from the “Requirements” section with the following additions & changes:
- 5+ (non-internship) years of experience as an SDET, Test Engineer, or related software engineering role
- Including 3+ (non-internship) years of experience developing end-to-end testing frameworks using programming languages such as Python, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience testing applications that are deployed on cloud services such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong opinions on techniques that maintain and improve team productivity, code quality, and developer culture but also interested in open and respectful discussions to come up with the best solution
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.