Can you spot poorly written code?
Do you look at challenges as opportunities instead of roadblocks?
Would you like the chance to work with multiple Fortune 500 clients in a given year?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, consider becoming a ThoughtWorker
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
Our software consultants work on a wide variety of projects alongside and for our clients. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You’ll use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
- Able to write code that is easy to evolve and read; able to spot bad code.
- You should also be familiar with practices like TDD, SOLID principals, OO design, and pair programming.
- Resilience in dealing with tough, sometimes ambiguous, situations.
- Using continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed.
- Working in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences.
- Take ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables.
- Applying the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to client problems.
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code. We don’t limit ourselves to one language, but experience in the latest Object-Oriented technology is required.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc. is necessary.
- Travel is required. Projects are almost exclusively on customer sites; that enables ThoughtWorks to influence and deliver the best solution possible.
- Knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Exposure to a huge variety of client engagements. You could be influencing the digital strategy of a retail giant, building a new mobile application for a bank or redesigning platforms using event sourcing & intelligent data pipelines. You’ll use the latest Lean & Agile thinking, solve critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
- Allowances for books, conferences & training, cell phone, local transit, and high-speed internet
- Personal development programs and training tailored to the career path that you choose
- Opportunities for global assignments/travel
- Internal conferences and community events
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.