Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery, Inc is the leader in global real-life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Food Network, HGTV, and Travel Channel. Our Digital teams develop experiences on web, mobile, connected TVs, and voice that reach millions of users each day - inspiring them with ideas and tools to create their own unique world.
Ad Delivery, Targeting and Monitoring is a global platform team focused on providing product engineering teams with capabilities to deliver and measure targeted ads within their digital video streaming products. We monitor KPIs and use data driven decision making to continuously improve upon the customer experience. We’re looking for a passionate, product-focused, well-rounded engineer to join our team.
As part of our team, you will help creates platforms that power the next generation of Digital and Direct-to-Consumer product. An ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, result-driven and passionate about consumer experiences & drive innovation and produce delightful experiences for our customers. This person will advocate for data-driven decision making, have an insatiable curiosity, love to invent and innovate to solve difficult problems, and obsess about their customers. The candidate will have a strong point of view but remain open-minded should evidence lead elsewhere. This engineer takes ownership of their work and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
1. Become a key part of an exciting, collaborative, cross-functional team.
2. Prototype and build products for the web, connected TVs, and other platforms that enable our content creators and other teams to create new experiences for our fans in millions of households.
3. Work with engineering leadership to figure out technical challenges and make architecture decisions.
4. Mentor other developers through pair programming, knowledge sharing, and code review.
5. Work closely with your peers across engineering, product, design, editorial, marketing and operations to create products that people love to come to work and use.
6. Work in rapid iterations, always looking to deliver the best possible version of a product.
7. Develop and ship fast, tested, resilient code that others find easy to comprehend and modify.
8. Take ownership of end-to-end product quality to help make our products more reliable, performant and delightful.
9. Troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace etc to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it.
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field from an accredited college or university, or commensurate experience
* Experience writing contracts and technical approach documentation that has been subject to peer review and socialized across multiple teams.
* Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Heroku)
* Knowledge of large-scale application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning.
* Willingness to try things just to see if they work and where the rough edges are.
* You keep abreast of new technologies and best practices and know how to evaluate the tradeoffs of implementing new things.
* Ability to break big problems down into small problems and solve them a piece at a time.
* Be intellectually curious and look for opportunities to expand your technical and personal skill-set.
* Empathy for users and teammates, and care as much about how the systems you create impact your users and fellow engineers as you do about the code itself.
* Excited to work in a highly collaborative environment.
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, and can help others learn what you have learned.
* Must have the right to work in the United States.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]