Software Development Engineer in Test - Acquisition and Member Experience
Peloton's SDET team is looking for an experienced, well-rounded SDET to work with our web and user experience teams. We believe quality starts early in the process and that it’s every team member’s responsibility to produce high-quality products. You will work closely with developers, product owners, program managers and designers helping teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for great user experience while assisting teams with software testing best practices.Required Experience:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with test automation tools for visual, UI, API, contract testing using Selenium
- Have solid understanding of Git workflow
- Have experience in architecting and implementing test automation solutions and frameworks for complex front end and back end systems
- Have experience collaborating with developers on test automation scenarios, by pairing, reviewing unit tests and coaching on testing best practices
- Understand and advocate for CI/CD with experience with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI etc
- Have a user first mindset. Our SDETs are advocates for user experiences that delight our customers
- Have experience working with cross-functional agile teams and delivering products, collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management.
- Have ability to accomplish complex engineering tasks independently and capacity to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Work with engineers and product managers to understand test automation coverage, create, implement, maintain and improve testing approaches for our web and backend products and ensure appropriate coverage across all levels of testing including unit, integration and E2E tests
- Help in driving adoption of best practices in testing and in maintainability
- Provide technical testing as well as your user mindset expertise from project inception
- Help the team to develop rich test ideas, scenarios and experiments that yield an in-depth coverage of systems under test (well above and beyond positive, negative and edge cases)
- Be an integral part of the agile development workflow and an advocate for testing and code quality within the engineering teams you work with, from standups to sprint planning to backlog refinement and long-term planning
- Be able to act as release-engineer for cross functional teams
- Have experience working with Cypress and Pytest
- Experience with API (monolith and service architecture) testing, contract testing, and Visual testing
- Working experience with setting up and configuring CI tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.