Software Development Engineer in Test - Backend Services at Peloton
Peloton's Quality Engineering team is looking for experienced, well-rounded Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) to work on our award-winning Peloton products - Peloton Bike & Peloton Tread. As a member of Peloton’s Product Engineering Backend team you’ll be the one powering every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, and TV in four different countries. We help users take live and on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more. We are building an API that changes people’s lives, you can check out the Peloton members page and see what our users are up to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pelotonmembers
Peloton's Product Engineering Backend team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test. You are demanding of high quality products and believe in (almost) all things automated. It's an opportunity to grow within Peloton's test engineering team and help us implement good test engineering practices
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Strong programming skills obtained through a degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience working in software test automation for API.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts with any OO languages
- Experience with one or more programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Kotlin, Scala or Java.
- Solid understanding of GIT
- Experience interacting with REST API
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Implement test tools and frameworks for our backend services API, Leaderboard etc
- Define, design and implement automation test cases for regression, integration, service and contract tests of all the leaderboard services
- Integrate testing efforts and tools with CICD
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Find and report bugs with accurate, technically complete and concise steps to reproduce.
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience working writing and running CI/CD jobs
- Monitoring/Tracing/Profiling: Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Tracing tools such as Zipkin or Datadog APM
- Deploy platforms and tooling: Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Caching: Memcache, Redis
- Relational Database: Postgres, or MySQL
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.