Peloton is investing in strategic ways to grow its membership and increase accessibility to its products. One of the teams supporting these goals is building a benefits platform that can support Corporate Wellness. As part of this effort, we are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test that has experience building test excellence for B2B and/or B2B2C solutions. This person should have a penchant for innovative thinking, strategic solutioning, and rapid, iterative software delivery.
Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness and wellbeing empowering people to be the best version of themselves anytime, anywhere. Peloton is looking for testing engineers who are passionate about innovating with a members-first approach to product and technology, ready to build for scale, and excited about data privacy and security by design.
Hiring a Software Development Engineer in Test with 4+ years of experience to help support testing automation and excellence for a platform supporting eligibility data and verification, participation lifecycle management, benefit design and configuration, and engagement data reporting. This platform also integrates with a number of core Peloton systems, many of which are in continuous states of evolution and have multiple test harnesses for covering myriad user journeys. We strive to deliver broad but efficient coverage with readable and extensible code, we value secure, scalable, and performant software, and we thrive on communicating and collaborating cross-functionally across different teams.
The engineering teams are highly collaborative and often leverage mob programming practices to tackle challenging problems in a thought provoking environment while helping to spread knowledge. We are a disciplined and focused team with an eye towards continuous refinement in how we build product in order to drive innovation, nourish teamwork, and support deep work and achieving flow. We are a remote team and therefore rely heavily on frequent communication, video interactions, and live virtual diagramming / whiteboarding sessions. Our team is built on trust and transparency as we work hard and play hard.
- An engineer that is passionate about testing with 4+ years of hands-on experience working with test automation tools. Bonus points for experience using Cypress, Playwright, Postman, and/or PyTest.
- Proficient in your use of git and knowledgeable of different git workflows and when best to use them.
- Experienced in implementing test automation solutions and frameworks for complex front end and back end systems and meticulous about clean, readable, and performant code.
- Experienced collaborating with developers on test automation scenarios by pairing, reviewing unit tests, and coaching on testing best practices.
- An advocate for CI/CD with experience using tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- User-first and advocate for high-quality user experiences that will continuously delight our customers
- Experienced working as part of a cross-functional, agile engineering team to iteratively deliver products through collaborations with design, UX, project / product management, and business stakeholders.
- Confident in your ability to deliver complex engineering tasks independently, to work in a high growth, fast-paced environment, and comfortable adapting to change in pursuit of optimal business value
- Deeply knowledgeable of test methodologies, building test plans, and writing test cases.
- Work alongside engineering peers to measure and maintain high test automation coverage across unit, functional, integration, and E2E testing scopes.
- Continuously implement and improve testing approaches for our web and backend applications.
- Drive adoption of testing best practices within engineering teams.
- Advocate for shift-left best practices in the SDLC.
- Be an integral part of the development lifecycle and an advocate for code quality within the engineering team you work with, participating in standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and long-term strategy
- Support product releases with post-production testing and validation
- You have experience with API testing, contract testing, and visual testing
- You have set up and configured CI tools like Gitlab, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- You are familiar with microservice and event stream architectures
- You have experience building complex test data scaffolding and knowledgeable on how to effectively test external dependencies and third party integrations
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.