Software Development Engineer In Test - SDET at Quartet Health
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
Quartet is looking for an experienced, mission driven Software Development Engineer in Test - or, SDET - to help us design and build a world class platform that enables every person in our society to thrive by providing a collaborative behavioral and physical health ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to join a diverse and growing team of talented people who genuinely love what they do. Additionally, we encourage all team members to take ownership of emerging problem areas and empower people to work autonomously as we focus on delivering meaningful results to our valued customers.
SDETs at Quartet are expected to understand all aspects of quality in the software development lifecycle. You might even consider yourself to be a full-stack SDET. For us, this means having a strong understanding of an application's functional, usability, performance and security characteristics. This will be developed as you work directly with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers on new and improved features for our customer facing applications. Additionally, you will make decisions as to the strategies and technologies we use with the understanding that we must find the appropriate balance of productivity, velocity, agility, and quality.
We're looking for someone who can quickly understand the architecture of the Quartet applications and platform and test the web services and features within this eco system by building a robust test infrastructure that will be used to drive positive health outcomes and improve people's lives in a tangible way.
As Quartet's SDET, you will establish process and tools by which our applications and services, across the stack, can be tested to vet their internal functionality and end to end functionality as a means to ensure confidence that our software solutions operate as expected and that regressions are not taking place. You'll build and implement testing frameworks, automated request replay systems, front end to back end test suites, and vend tools to the greater engineering team to fully own their systems, which include their ability to create tests which guarantee their functionality.
- Work with Product and Engineering to identify high-value areas to test
- Work with Product to write test plans for features
- Work with Engineering to coordinate releases and testing
- Write Integration and Functional (end-to-end) tests
- Work with Security Engineering to define and write security tests
- Establish process and tools by which our applications and services, across the stack, can be tested automatically.
- Vend tools to the rest of the engineering team so that testing responsibilities are distributed to all engineers
- Several years experience managing and/or contributing to comprehensive functional and integration test suites from design, implementation, and maintenance of test automation and frameworks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of unit, integration and functional testing strategies
- Direct experience with the Selenium ecosystem of tools and libraries
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development practices and the Cucumber community
- Experience with browser test automation using tools like Selenium/Webdrive
- Experience with command line smoke testing tools like PhantomJS as part of the build step of the development cycle
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies of distributed systems.
- Subscribe to the 'security vulnerabilities are bugs that should be tested like all other bugs' philosophy
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: [email protected].
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.