Software Development Engineer in Test - Wallet at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
Software Development Engineer in Test - Wallet
As SDET at Gemini, you'll work together with a team of engineers, using your programming skills to design and develop detailed and robust tests. You'll engage in integration, regression, whitebox and unit testing with an agile methodology in mind, and in proactive strategy and investigation to test the integrity of our products and product features. The ideal candidate loves to code and loves to immerse themselves in solving challenging problems. This position is full-time in any of Gemini’s offices and will report to a QA Manager.
- This will be a scala coding position writing automated integration tests with cryptocurrency nodes
- Identify areas where automated tests are needed
- Expand existing tests to cover edge cases and negative cases.
- Assist in modifying and designing test strategy, test scenarios and test cases to ensure test coverage and acceptance criteria for assigned responsibility.
- Collaborate with the development team to gather data for test coverage.
- Test new products, product features, and bug fixes in the functional areas of various applications
- Write automated and manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features as well as overall system behavior (i.e., regression testing).
- Execute various phases of functional and nonfunctional testing to certify the quality of new software releases.
- Provide input as required to the planning, requirements definition, and design process for new products and product features, with an eye toward testability.
- Review other test engineers’ code and test plans for completeness, correctness, style, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or alternative related field (or commensurate work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in an SDET role
- 5+ years experience with functional testing in large-scale, complex, full-stack systems in an automated fashion
- A demonstrated history of strong proficiency with programming in an enterprise-scale language (e.g., Scala, Java, C#, etc.)
- Experience working with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Experience with Scala or Java
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.